Swollen feet sufferer? You’re not alone.
Whether your job requires you to spend a lot of time on your feet, or you like to take long walks on the weekend, taking good care of your feet is very important, especially if they’re prone to swelling.
The best shoes for swollen feet should be able to provide your feet with support all day long, all the while helping to alleviate pressure.
However, if you don’t purchase the right kind, not only will you have wasted money, but you’ll also be forced to go through your day being uncomfortable - and who would want that?
Fortunately, we’re here to lend you a helping hand! If you’ve been busy scouring the internet are yet to discover the perfect pair for you, we’ve selected 13 of the very best pairs that have been specifically designed to cater to this issue.
So, without further ado, ready to find your perfect shoe match? Read on!
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
Kicking things off with the best, the Skechers Equalizer Persistent Slip-On Shoes are ideal for those that suffer from swollen feet.
Besides being bestsellers (and racking up thousands of 5-star reviews online) these comfortable shoes feature innovative dual side elastic fabric panels, so they will be able to deliver support to the foot without causing any restrictions.
- Memory foam insole - these will keep your feet comfortable, all while reducing the chances of swelling.
- Shock-absorbing FlexSole midsole - this ensures the shoe will absorb any shock, all while cushioning the foot to relieve pressure.
- Textile - may not be suitable for the rain.
On the search for a pair of shoes that will serve a multitude of purposes? If so, the New Balance Men’s 577 V1 Hook and Loop Walking Shoes are for you.
Specifically designed to cater to swelling, these practical trainers feature premium cushioning, fantastic shock absorption qualities, as well as a tough exterior - so they’ll be great for a variety of purposes.
- Durable design - this makes them ideal for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Shock absorption - as they’re shock-absorbing, these trainers will prevent swelling by absorbing the shock of any impacts.
- Made for men - not suitable for women
Next, up on our list is the MPED3 Pedwalker 3 Oxford Shoes, which are Medicaid coded and designed to offer the wearer a little extra ‘give’, so they’re great to consider for those that suffer from diabetes-related swelling.
Not only have they gained themselves the names of being one of the best pairs of walking shoes in the world, but they offer premium comfort that will help to alleviate any swelling-related pain.
- Designed with health-sufferers in mind - this makes these shoes ideal for those that suffer from diabetes.
- Wide-fit - Comfortable and wide fit ensures total comfort.
- Specifically designed for health-related swelling - may not be suitable for everyone.
Offering a cushiony, ‘pillow-like’ support, the Orthofeet Proven Heel and Foot Pain Relief are next up on our list for swollen-feet sufferers.
These comfy shoes feature soft, non-binding uppers that are available in three different width-sizes.
Not only that but a smooth interior lining and thick foam duo ensure that stability will be enhanced, while a roomy toe box will help to keep all areas of your feet supported without feeling restricted.
- Three-width sizes - this will ensure that you’ll be able to select the right size and width for your feet.
- Therapeutic design - these shoes will not only alleviate swelling but all stress on your joints, too.
- Expensive price point - may not be within everyone’s budget.
If you’re on the lookout for a pair of walking shoes, we recommend giving the Skechers Men’s Go Max Athletic Air Mesh Slip-On Walking Shoe a consideration.
Meticulously designed with Skechers Performance Technology, these shoes feature a super lightweight mesh fabric that will provide the heels and toes with comforting support, while proprietary lightweight injection-molded foam will absorb impact.
They’re ideal for everyday use, and will no doubt keep swelling at bay.
- GOwalk Max midsole and outsole - these shoes will be able to absorb the impact of the ground while walking, to ensure your feet are free from any stress.
- Lightweight - these shoes will offer maximum comfort without weighing you down.
- Mesh fabric - may not be suitable for outdoor/nature walks.
For the days that you don’t feel like leaving your house, the Minnetonka Pile Lined Hardsole Slippers are here to answer the call.
Offering a cozy and comfortable fit, these hard sole slippers are specifically designed to stretch themselves to the contours of your feet, in order to offer you tailored support.
They also run true to size, so you don’t need to worry about sizing up. They’re a great choice for wearing around the home.
- Slippers - suitable for wearing within your home.
- Comfortable and cozy - these shoes will keep you warm and supported, and are a great alternative to standard slippers.
- Wool-like interior - some wearers have found that it can retain odor.
Specifically designed to support those prone to swollen feet, the Propet Women’s Cronus Comfort Sneakers are an ideal alternative to regular sneakers.
They feature an adjustable velcro close, which will make taking them on and off easy, while their 100% neoprene fabric will offer you just the right amount of support without feeling restrictive.
What’s more, these shoes feature a durable, rubber sole which makes them ideal for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Neoprene fabric - this ensures that the fabric will keep the foot free from swelling, all while providing the support it needs.
- Rubber sole - the rubber sole means that this shoe can be worn both indoors and outdoors.
- Not suitable for men - women sizes only.
Just because you’re on the search for shoes suitable for swelling, doesn’t mean that you have to compromise on style! The Crocs Women’s Isabella T-Strap Sandal is a great choice to consider.
Inspired by summer, these sandals are the perfect solution for those that want to prevent their feet from swelling, all while making a fashion statement.
They feature a resin material and soft TPU translucent straps that will mold themselves to your feet, while the slight heel will help to prevent any heel aches.
They’re a perfect choice for those wanting to make a statement!
- Chic style - these sandals will compliment multiple outfits, while the ergonomic design will help to stop your feet from swelling.
- Ideal for summer - these sandals are ideal for the warmer weather, as they will keep your feet nice and cool.
- Resin material - may cause sweating.
If you have a grandma that suffers from swelling or foot pain, then the EasyComforts Quilted Chenille Adjustable Toe Slippers are excellent choices to consider.
Thanks to the quilted chenille, you can be confident that the foot will remain cozy and warm, while the safety grip rubber soles will offer slip-resistant safety, ensuring sure footedness across many different types of surfaces.
- Cozy, comfortable fit - these fluffy slippers will keep the feet warm and secure while lounging around the house.
- Easy to put on and take off - featuring velcro fastening straps, these shoes are easy to take on and off.
- Not suitable for outdoor wear - may not be suitable for those looking for everyday shoes.
Just because you have swollen feet doesn’t mean that you have to pass on exercise, and the New Balance Women’s FuelCore Nergize Mule V1 Alternative Closure Sneaker shows this.
Specifically designed for those that suffer from swelling, the sneakers are 100% synthetic with a breathable mesh/synthetic upper.
It features REVlite midsole cushioning that will not only offer incredibly lightweight support, all while absorbing shock thanks to New Balance’s foam sole.
They’re a great choice for keeping your feet swell-free while you get your sweat on.
- Ideal for exercise activities - designed for higher intensity workouts, and will keep your feet supported without swelling.
- Supportive and breathable
- They might not be suitable for sensitive feet - some wearers have found that these sneakers gave them blisters.
On the search for a pair of comfortable shoes that will deliver comfort all year long? Look no further than the JIONS Adjustable Velcro Extra-Wide Shoes.
Specifically designed for swollen feet sufferers, these breathable slipper-like shoes feature a velcro design for quick and easy closure.
Plus, ideal for usage all year round, these shoes feature breathable wool that will be able to provide warmth and support to the feet without any odor.
- Suitable for year-long use - to offer plenty of versatility and excellent value for money, these shoes can be worn all year round.
- Breathable wool upper - this guarantees that these shoes will be able to keep your feet warm during the colder months, and cool during the warmer months.
- Velcro design - this may not be to everyone’s taste.
Whether you live in a colder climate, or your job requires you to wear a closed shoe, the Delaney Strap Ankle Boots are a great choice to consider.
They feature a wide and roomy toe box, a breathable Nylex lining, as well as a cushioned Eva insole that will keep your feet as comfortable as possible.
Not just that, but it also comes with a removable footbed, which means that if you have any custom orthotics for your swollen feet, you’ll easily be able to add them.
- Cushioned EVA insole - designed to target swelling, these shoes will provide your feet with the stress-relieving comfort they need throughout the day, all without feeling restrictive.
- Removable footbed - this allows you to enjoy a more tailored experience, as these shoes provide the option to insert your own custom footbed if needed.
Last but not least, we have selected the V.step Orthotic Flip Flops, which are a cool and more lightweight alternative to a pair of sneakers or boots.
Unlike a standard pair of flip-flops, these feature a biomechanical design that is specifically tailored to those that suffer from swelling and heel pain.
What’s more, they are made of premium rubber that will not only deliver strong arch support but be able to handle regular use without any issues.
- Suitable for heel pain sufferers - besides swelling, these flip-flops have been carefully designed with a slight incline to alleviate heel pain.
- Durable material and design - thanks to the durable design, these flip-flops will be able to handle general wear and tear.
- Open-toe - may not be suitable for those that want more support.
How long can I wear shoes with swollen feet?
If you wear standard shoes, you’ll likely find that you’ll only be able to wear shoes with swelling for a few hours (if that).
In contrast, if you opt for a pair of shoes from our selection above, you should find that you’ll be able to go about your day with comfort and support.
Does walking help with swollen ankles?
Yes. By simply taking just one short walk a day, you will help to promote less swelling in your feet and ankle area.
We also recommend making sure to drink plenty of water each day as, contrary to popular belief, drinking less water can actually cause swelling to occur.
What shoes are best for swollen feet?
From reading our top selections above, we’re sure that you’ll have already begun to notice a pattern.
The best shoes for swollen feet/ankles all share common characteristics, such as a wide sole, shock-absorbing quality, and adjustable tightness.